Making an Appointment
The University of Chicago Center for Comprehensive Care
and Research on Memory Disorders has two clinic locations
University of Chicago Outpatient Senior Health Center at South Shore
7101 S. Exchange Ave. Chicago, IL 60649
To make an appointment [if age 65 and older]: (773) 834-4340
The University of Chicago Medicine Medical Campus
5758 S. Maryland Ave. Chicago, IL 60637
Duchossis Center for Advanced Medicine, Outpatient Neurology Clinic, 4D
(Wednesdays and Fridays)
To make an appointment [if under age 65]: (773) 702-6222
Are you 65 or older?
- The Memory Center is located at the South Shore Senior Health Center at 7101 S. Exchange, Chicago, IL 60649.
- We will see patients who are 65 and older on Medicare at this location.
- Call 773-834-4340 to schedule an appointment.
- Free parking is available at the 7101 S. Exchange Building only.
Are you under 65?
- The Neurology Clinic is located in the DCAM Building, 4th floor, section 4D, at 5758 S. Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637.
- We will see see patients under the age of 65 with private insurance at this location.
- Call 773-702-6222 to schedule an appointment.
- Discounted parking is available in the main parking garage; ask in the clinic for a parking coupon when you arrive for your appointment.
How to Prepare for your Appointment
Will Insurance Pay?
The University of Chicago Hospitals accept Medicare assignment (Outpatient coverage, Part B) and many supplemental plans. For seniors who have both Medicare and a supplemental insurance, the entire evaluation is usually covered. If you have private insurance, the private insurance will cover the evaluation only at the neurology clinic.
Please call us and we can help you if you are not certain whether your insurance will cover an evaluation.
We can also help you with further information if you care to pay without insurance.
For any other questions related to The Memory Center, contact us at (773) 834-4340. Please leave your name and number on the voice mail system if no one is presently available and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.